Friday, March 7, 2008

concerts and "travel systems"

Our baby is looking good, huh? I talked to my brother the other night who said he finally started checking the blog daily and it was annoying that we haven't posted. I wanted to thank him for taking me to the Lori McKenna concert at 2 weeks ago for my birthday gift! We had a great time and got to talk to Lori afterwards. She is a singer/songwriter that I liked when I saw her on Oprah a few years ago with Faith Hill because she wrote some of Faith's songs. Patrick travelled with her this summer when she opened up for Tim and Faith and grew to love her. She has 5 kids and writes/talks about them a lot. She's really fun to see in concert because she tells funny stories in between songs. She talked to Patrick after the concert about the Tim/Faith tour so it was really fun to "meet a star" with him!
We have also started looking at baby gear for our registry which is totally overwhelming! We looked at strollers at Babies 'R Us and Wes said it was like buying a car! He was not fond of the store. He said it was like Wal-Mart for babies. I wish I had a picture of us trying to figure out how the strollers opened and closed...it took way too long! If anyone has a great stroller "make and model" they would like to share, we'd love some opinions.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I have no personal basis for my opinion, but I've heard good things about mclaren :) Have so much fun picking out baby things...very exciting!!!