This morning I had breakfast with my mom, grandmother, cousin and her daughter Maddie to comfort my grandmother on her 62nd wedding anniversary. It was a sweet girls' time! The later tonight my mom texted that my grandmother just bought her first laptop! Now that is a big day!
Meanwhile here, Ashton and I read the crucifixion story for the first time together. Last night he told Wes, "tomorrow I want to read the story about Jesus and the cross. No one has ever read it to me and I want to know about it." Wes and I both teared up because Ashton is so super serious and has been struggling with the concept of death for several months so we have avoided Jesus' death. Anyway, he brought it up again today before nap so he and I sat down to read it together since Wes was gone. I prayed so much before and during it as we read from his children's Bible. I knew that God would give me the words to say to explain it to his tender heart and that God's word would speak for itself. He listened quietly and then we talked about how it was sad but also happy and how Easter was coming up and I explained that that was why we celebrated Easter and how the eggs represent Jesus' empty tomb. Then he asked me, "How far back do they go in the tomb?" I realized he wanted to know the size of it. This boy and his engineer mind! I guess he wanted the specs! haha! Ayway, God is working on his tender heart and I am sure he will have lots more questions soon.
Another big thing that happened today was that Embry is doing so well with his cup now that I dropped his mid-day bottle so he's down to only 2! I cannot believe we will not have a baby on bottles anymore!
Here are some pics I took the past couple of days. we've had a HORRIBLE stomach virus going through the three and so we had to postpone Embry's party this weekend. Wes and I are exhausted. We were up all night one night with Collin puking.."mommy, Ii threw up AGAIN!!" and throwing me stuffed animals, "there's throw-up on this one too!!" and then the past 2 nights AShton has awakened with explosive diarrhea and vomiting. So here's a pic of them on the couch very sick 3 days ago.
 |
| loving their cozy couch set-up. Wes says I am making them love their creature comforts but Collin loves having a blanket and "getting cozy" whenever he's sitting. |
 |
| Feeling better coloring together on Embry's birthday |
 |
| Collin got in trouble last night and Ashton said, "Collin, do you want to come sit in my lap?' and he said yes and was pouting. It was all pretty funny but I had to wonder if there was something Ashton wanted out of it!!HAHA, No , he is a sweet brother to Collin most of the time and lately has been saying, "Collin, I love you" randomly. |
 |
| Don't get many pics of A sleeping lately! This was today after our talk and his sweet hands were folded! |
 |
| Thanks to Aunt Heather for this b'day present for Embry. They all love it! |
 |
| Embry drinking hemp milk from his cup. No more formula!!He's also chowing down on my vegan macaroni! |
1 comment:
How sweet about Ashton asking to hear about Jesus! Love seeing the pictures :)
Post a Comment