Thursday, July 4, 2013

St Simons Day #4

Day #4 Embry really liked the sand and was content with a stick digging for like over an hour! We dug a big hole and Wes put him in it which he was not too happy about it. Then Wes convinced Ashton to let us bury him standing up and he was a good sport about it! That night we went to the pier and playground. On the way home, we stopped at McDonald's for a treat. The night before our trip I printed and studied a lot of fast food restaurant's allergy menus and searched for tips from other allergy moms who had tried different things. ( I mean a trip with allergy kids is VERY stressful as far as eating out) We take so much food bc we have to cook most meals and we really have to plan where we will stop on the road.  I have mentioned before you have to watch the fast food people like a hawk to make sure they change their gloves like you ask and if they do something wrong, you have to ask them to start over and sometimes they aren't too happy with you. Anyway, I saw McDonald's apple pies were safe. We decided to try it. Ashton had never been to a McDonalds before and Collin had only been once. When we pulled in, Ashton asked if we were getting something for only Wes and me which we never do in front of him unless it's coffee or something he wouldn't like. when we told him we were all eating dessert there, he squealed with excitement. I started crying it was so emotional. The funny thing is most people know I hate McDonalds and their nasty food and all they stand for but having your kid squeal because he gets to eat there even though there is like one thing on the menu he can have is so emotional. I get really anxious when we try something new like this so I was a nervous wreck and praying constantly but it worked out  and he loved it and so we now finally have a dessert we can take him and embry to get at a place that is everywhere! Phew!


I enjoyed having a sleeping baby on the beach for probably the last time.



Ashton's faces are so awesome lately

not happy daddy!!

We have to work on Embry who sits in this position just like Ashton did and his physical therapist had us correct when he was a baby!!

This is a cute little outfit that says the beach can be such fun that all three boys have worn.
Ashton in the same outfit. I couldn't find one with Collin but he wore the same one!
 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay for McD's apple pie! As a toddler, Mary would "W" sit, too. I was a nag about it, but she had such a habit. From the time she was really little, she would correct other kids, too. HA!