Saturday, February 22, 2014

These Boys and Snow!

Some funny things that have happened that I had to share...

Today apparently Ashton kissed a girl in his class on the playground. His teacher told Wes after school that some other students told her about it so she called Ashton over and he was bright red in the face and very serious and said, "It's true. I kissed Lauren...but it was on the cheek." hahahah She said it was all she could do to hold in her laughter. I tried to pull it out of him tonight because he mentioned LAuren and he would not say a word about it. I hate that he already has secrets!! He was excited tonight because he won a contest his class was having to bring a book from home that has the most V's in it. Originally he told me he wanted to count the V's in his Bible so he could win but I quickly showed him how long that would take! So he settled for a long story book we have that had about 60 in it.

Yesterday driving home Collin was telling me about his class reading a "Pete the Cat" Valentine's book and I said, "No way!" because we like the Pete the Cat series. Then Ashton said, "mommy I have something to tell you and you are going to say 'no way' twice...no wait, THREE times when you hear it!" He ended up telling me that his class read two Pete the Cat books recently. Of course I said, "no way no way no way!"

Embry is verbalizing so well lately. It blows us all away. He also knows he is adorable and is such the entertainer. He loves to come up to us and get right in our faces and say, "how you big guy?" and when he does something he loves to say, "was that funny mommy?" In the car, he will ask his brothers, "Hey guys, was that funny?" He will get a little angry until they respond and keep asking his question louder and louder. He loves to be laughed at and he gets lots of laughs because he will repeat us no matter what grown up thing we say and it's hilarious. Ashton and Collin get such a kick out of him. Yesterday I asked him not to throw food on the floor and his response was, "I did-in throw  on floor, I throw in air"

Wes was commenting tonight that Collin has really matured over the past few weeks. He is starting to want to do more for himself and he is so sweet to help me when I ask or help Embry do something. Today the three of us went to visit my grandaddy Earl or  "oil" as they call him. We had a great visit and went to the park and the boys had  a blast playing with all of his old toy trucks. Right before we left, Collin pinched his finger in one of the trucks and it started bleeding a little. When I told him we would get a band-aid he went crazy screaming, NO, NO, It will make it hurt worser! Then he proceeded to throw the biggest fit I have seen him throw screaming and thrashing while grandaddy and I tried to hold him down the get a band aid on his little tiny finger. It took three tries and was horrible. Grandaddy said "Collin, I hope you don't ever get hurt worse than this!" Both of us were laughing but even on the way home, he told me he didn't want me to talk to him when I asked about his finger. Then after we got home, he held his finger up pitifully all night and kept telling us what he was not going to do with it. At dinner he told Wes seriously, "daddy I am not going to touch my privates because my finger is hurting." I had to walk away from the table for him not to see me crack up. We are hoping he meant to use the bathroom and then of course Ashton said, "Well Collin you should not touch your privates except for when you tee tee." hahahahahhahha

On a sweeter note, Collin last night before bed told me he "talks about God everyday."I said, that's great Collin. Do you talkmabout him at school? He said, "no, I just whisper to Him all the time."
These boys will melt my heart!

After our last two ice/snow events the past month, we have lots of fun snow pictures. The older 2 had a blast but Embry wasn't too fond of the snow as you can see. We had so much fun being together so many off days and doing"cyber school"  assignements from their teachers like finding the V's and doing letter and shape programs online. Collin had to find 14 pink items, etc.




We had lots of neighbors over to sled down York hill!




Play Doh!











And Valentine's day we all got to spend together with presents, heart biscuits, heart donuts and 2 for 1 lates at Starbucks for us! We had a fun day!!

His very own Mickey!!

Ashton and Collin got pillow lamp lights and Collin's is a ninja turtle. We are hoping this will eliminate the need they have for so many lamps at night but so far is not working for Collin.


Collin has been wanting this book about Howard B Wigglebottom since he thinks the name is so hilarious!!


Ashton got this puzzle from my brother 1000 pieces of Vintage Toys! He helped a lot but Wes and I got so hooked to it. We kept sneaking in the playroom to work on it and stayed up way too late to finish it but couldn't one night! Ashton helped finish the last 10 pieces the next day. It was so fun but incredibly difficult!

No comments: