Afterwards, and after dashing to chickfilA drive thru for all 3, eating it in the car and trading cars with Wes for my radiation, I met back up with the boys at Target for a well deserved new toy! Embry also did great although he was only tested for milk and was once again positive. We continue to be engrossed in the allergy world!
Yesterday was my halfway point with radiation!! Hooray! My skin is a little pink and I am a little swollen and lopsided... and starting to get pretty tired but all in all doing wonderful! I went straight to whole foods and bought some vegan fudge pops for us all to celebrate when we got home.
I did get some news on Wednesday that was a little unsettling with my genetic testing. Thankfully all the major breast cancer genes are negative but one gene for a type of colon cancer showed a variant of unknown significance. Basically there was a change but no one knows if that change causes anything. I go to the medical oncologist next week to discuss it and see if she recommends I get a colonscopy. We are trying not to worry about this extra news.
In good news, I met a new friend this week that I was able to encourage who was just diagnosed at age 40. She is a preschool teacher of 2 of my coworkers and a very strong Believer. We are going to the same practice for breast surgeons and I was able to recommend my plastic surgeon and she is seeing him next week. It is such a blessing to see the women God has placed in my life to walk through this with. Almost weekly, I have had one patient who I know is a breast cancer survivor come in and it has been awesome to tell them what I am going through and get a hug or card from them encouraging me. There is a instant connection when you meet someone that knows what it is like to get this diagnosis, no matter what age they are. I am honored to know these special women. I am truly praying I will be able to reach out especially to more young women.
In other news, Wes is working hard on his preparation for his HUGE 3 day doctoral comps exam in a few weeks. He is staying up until 1 and 2 every night preparing. Please pray for him. He has his oral exam a week or so after the comps.
I posted this photo tonight on FB-we were so young 12 years ago. We had no idea what was ahead of us!



No comments:
Post a Comment