I'm pretty excited about a gig this week. It's homecoming week at UGA and the school of music has put together a homecoming concert involving current students as well as alumni. I'll be playing in a chamber orchestra accompanying the university chorus. I'm nervous! I still play bassoon sometimes, but usually not with college kids who are way better than me. I even had to submit a "headshot" and bio for this thing. I've never needed a headshot before, so I had to create one in a hurry. My friend and coworker Jeanne took this in front of the fine arts building at school. Hopefully it will suffice. It's hard not to look good with a bassoon! Now you see why Blakely can't control herself. If only I could find a rotating seat strap so I could spin my bassoon around like ZZ Top...

Here are some other shots I considered using:


2 comments:
Wes, you MUST submit the one with with the biker guy with all the piercings!
Personally, I think you should have done a remake of the Star Wars Kid and submitted a video instead of a headshot.
Post a Comment