Monday, November 12, 2007

Football Weekend...and I didn't have to watch one play!

So I don't even try to pretend I'm interested in football games anymore. I come from a long line of UGA fans although I think I am one of the few who actually went there. Growing up, mama and I always went shopping while my dad and brother went to Kansas City Chiefs and Falcons football games. During my years of high school band, the football games were a blur. Most of the time, I spent making up dances in the stands with Heather...trying to avoid messing up Lassiter's "decorum" as all you band kids will remember. In college, I had fun at the UGA games but mostly just spending time with my friends and sporting cute red and black outfits for school spirit. Now that we've graduated, we like to go to a couple UGA games a year mostly to have fun tailgating and seeing our friends and family. Wes' entire family has season tickets so this works out well. I love being on campus but could take or leave the actual game. Last year, my mom and mother-in-law had a blast shopping while our whole family went to the UGA/Tech game. So I believe God has a sense of humor, and I think he laughs at the fact that I am in a forever fall Friday night football position as a band director's wife! I love it when people come to the GAC games so I can talk and avoid actually watching. This Friday, Katy and Chris Golden, Wes' parents, and my parents all came to the game! Yeah! Then Saturday we spent with Wes' family in Athens and left before game time because we didn't have tickets. So...I loved my "football" weekend! Here's a picture of our family at last year's UGA/Tech game and my mama and mother-in-law who will both appreciate this post!


1 comment:

Katy said...

blakely, i think we have the exact same perspective on football! as long as i'm tailgating with friends, have a cute white and gold ensemble to wear, and have someone to talk to the whole game - it's a good "football" saturday for me. :)