So yes, we are spending Thanksgiving with my family who, as Patrick calls it, imports their turkey...from Tennessee. I know this seems ultra redneck but the past few years, Patrick has brought our Thanksgiving turkey with him from a bar-b-que restaurant in Murfreesboro fantastically named ...The Slick Pig!! Apparently they smoke one heck of a turkey. This will be my first experience to savor the flavor. But as my dad always says, "we Moore's like our 'que" so it fits my family! I can't imagine driving 4 hours smelling a smoked turkey in the passenger seat but P doesn't seem to mind.
Here's a review I found if you ever happen to be in Nashville or Murfreesboro...
http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/Columns/Dining/2006/11/02/Smoke_Em_if_You_Got_Em/index.shtml
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
last year when i was pregnant (and feeling sickly), i had to drive to commerce with a pan of brownies. i really almost threw up. CANNOT imagine a whole turkey. whew! enjoy the bird. we'll be at the siple's wednesday to saturday, so if y'all are there, maybe we can meet up.
Post a Comment