Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ashton's Second Birthday!

Poor Ashton woke up with a temp of 103 on his birthday this week. He felt awful all day and we watched a kazillion Thomas shows while I tried to keep Collin away from him. I let him eat whatever he wanted which included honey at every meal and an ice cream sandwich for lunch. For dinner we had hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls. Instead of cake, I made some dairy free sugar cookies with some great construction cookie cutters I found at the Williams Sonoma outlet. I loved them way more than he did. Here is the hammer and drill. When Wes and I sang happy birthday he looked at us like we were crazy but afterwards said, "that was great!" He loved opening his presents and afterwards said, "is that all the presents?" I hated it that he was sick on his birthday but he was better that night and we are celebrating with his party next week. The t-shirt he wore was his cousin Edwin's shirt when he was 2 given by Wes' parents! Happy Birthday sweet Ashton!!! We cannot believe you have been here two years already-God has given us more joy than we could ever imagine through you!










1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday, Ashton! And so glad he's feeling better now. Uncle Teddy and Aunt Marilyn sent John a "Warning! I am two." shirt as well. Doesn't it feel like Ashton is such a big boy now that Collin is here? Seems like they grow overnight. Hugs to y'all.