My parents in the hospital-check out our view from Northside!
First Bath-hated it!
Love both of their faces in this picture!
Proud Grandparents
Great Grandfather Earl and my sweet aunt Jeannie
Great Grandmother Barbara-check out that sweet arm position!
Visit with his other Great Grandparents and my cousins Heather, Matt and their daughter Maddie!
The train set from heaven!
First Family Walk
Our new family the day we brought Collin home
Collin's car ride home
My boys!!!!! I can hardly believe it!
So I finally have a minute to record Collin's birth story! I was scheduled to have the C-section on July 28 but when I went to my doctor's visit on the 26th she said since her birthday was the 27th, she didn't really want to get up early the next morning after her birthday for the c-section and did I want to have him today? I was very anxious for Collin to arrive so I agreed wholeheartedly. I was so uncomfortable and also wanted my brother to be able to see him and he was leaving town the following day so it worked out great! The problem was that we had to say I was "in labor" to get an OR room that night since they were all full during the day. I had been having contractions that were irregular for over a week and she said that was good enough. I arrived at the hospital several hours later and told them I was having contractions and they told me my doctor had called and said my water also had broke. I told them, "well maybe a little!" Haha. I felt a little strange about the whole thing, but my contractions were actually getting stronger and more frequent. They hooked me up to the monitor and I was having contractions every 3-4 minutes! It was all pretty funny. So Collin arrived at 8:07 pm and the C-section went well. He weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces and was 19 3/4 inches long. It was so emotional again to hear his first little cry and so wonderful when they brought him over to me. Plus, we were able to be with him right away and he did not have to go to the transitional nursery like Ashton did so we were so thankful for that. This little guy stole our hearts immediately. He loves to cuddle and is such a "good" baby. I never knew what that meant, but now I do since he rarely cries except to eat and be changed. He sleeps really well and seems to go with the flow. So we are adjusting to two boys! Ashton did not want anything to do with Collin at first. He told Wes in the hospital to "put Collin in the bed." The first night we were home, he had a meltdown which was really hard. He was crying so hard at bedtime and it was difficult for Wes and me both. I think all four of us were in tears that night. But things are getting better. He likes to tickle Collin's feet now and this week fed him a bottle! We are trying to teach Ashton to be gentle. One day I caught him in time as he was "tickling Collin's eye." It's still hard when I have to nurse Collin so often and Ashton constantly tells me "sit down mommy and play with me." He has been kept busy though with his new Thomas the train track which Collin brought with him from heaven as a present! Thank you to all our friends and family for your calls and sweet cards and gifts. We are so thankful for a second healthy baby boy in our lives and are praising God for his safe arrival!
1 comment:
blakely, you look great! these pictures are precious- i love the extended family ones. we can't wait to meet collin!
Post a Comment