Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Turkey Twins

Here are our babies! Can you tell them apart? The first is Collin this Thanksgiving and the second is Ashton 2 years ago in the same shirt! Next is Ashton again and then Collin! I love putting their pictures side by side!


























Our Thanksgiving Day
was so fun! We got to spend it at home which was a first for us. Wes' parents came and Ashton had a blast watching the parade and waving at Snoopy and Spongebob on tv. Then we played outside and ate our lunch. After nap, we all went to my parents and got to meet our new cousin baby Grayson for the first time! He and Collin are about 2 mos apart and I can't wait to see them play together soon!

























Conversation with Ashton while coloring the other night...
me: "How's it going coloring?"
A: "it's not going well"
"Mommy, you gotta help these crayons" as he holds a broken one up.
"I can't get down because I'm busy", he says to Wes later.

Ashton is loving Christmas this year! He had fun helping me with the tree and
Every morning: "Mommy, is there a Christmas tree in the house?" I think he thinks it might go away while he sleeps. We are trying hard to teach him the real meaning of Christmas. So far, he seems to enjoy the wisemen bringing presents to Jesus. Yesterday he said, "and then Jesus gets to open presents!" He is so sweet playing with his Little People Nativity set!

Friday we were in Target shopping for his friends at daycare and a classic carol came on the radio. I can't remember if it was Bing Crosby or Burl Ives but he said, "Mommy, it's Burt singing!" haha It did sound like Burt!

Ashton picks up on EVERYTHING we say! Wes has been teasing me for changing Ashton on the ground on a blanket or rug because I think he is too big for the changing table. Wes says it is treating him "like a beast." This morning Ashton was waiting his turn for a diaper change while I was changing Collin. Finally he said, "Daddy, I want you to change me on the blanket... like a beast" He has no idea how funny that was!!!

No comments: