It's been so long since i have posted due to feeling awful, having absolutely no time, and our computer dying for a few days, but here goes our last month:
Collin has become more active than ever! He is complete opposite of his brother but they get along so very well and adore each other. Last night they entertained me at dinner making snorting noises back and forth. Sometimes I will be doing dishes and hear a bunch of giggling and know they are up to something. Once it was unrolling paper towels. Then it was toilet paper. One day I walked into the bathroom as Ashton was turning around to walk out with a huge grin on his face holding a roll of toilet paper (no doubt looking for his brother). He was caught and immediately hung his head! That boy never touched these things until little Collin came along!
Collin also puts things in unusual places. We looked for the remote several days before finding it in the wipes container. I find cars in the hamper and some "train coal" in the dishwasher. Today I found a beach ball when I opened the dryer. Ashton just laughs and laughs and today said, "that was 'intrusting.'"
He loves to call Collin a stinker and stink pot because that's what our babysitter calls him when he eats and makes a giant mess. He sure does keep us all laughing!
oh how I wish I could remember all the funny things Ashton has entertained us with but here are a few:
1. We found out the baby was a boy!!!! Ashton said, "I want to name it Collin. Then we can have two Collins!!!" How sweet he loves his brother although today he said...
2. as I walked into the living room, "Mommy, listen up. I did not push Collin while you were not listening."
3. This week I was really sick with a kidney infection. I was even out of work for it. Ashton was really worried about me and said one night, "I'm going to tell daddy we need to go to the late doctor." It was so very sweet. Poor guy has been to urgent care so many times he calls it the late doctor. The next morning he also said, "Daddy we need to pray for mommy."
4. We went to visit Wes' parents this month and Ashton did not have his usual butter he eats. He told Wes' mom she could buy it at the store next time. Then she could not find a toy he remembered playing with there so as we were leaving he tells her,"you can buy (the toy) at the store when you get my butter next time!"
5. Wes' mom was also very sweet to make a soup for dinner that Ashton could eat and unfortunately he didn't touch it. On the way home I said, "Grandma was very sweet to make you that soup and next time she makes you something, I want you to at least try it." He replied, "Maybe next time, Grandma will make something different." (We have told her this!)
6. One night some neighbors were having a party and we could hear their music which is very unusual for our quiet complex. Ashton kept saying, "Why is someone having a party in the dark?"A few minutes later he said, "I'm trying to figure out if that person having the party is a boy or girl."
We celebrated Wes and my dad's b'days this month! My dad turned 60 so we all went to the Aquarium and spent the weekend together to celebrate.
1 comment:
your boys are precious! ashton is hilarious. i didn't realize collin was so blond- his curls are sweet. this third baby boy has some great big brothers! :) hope you are feeling better, blakely.
Post a Comment