I cannot believe Wes is still in football season. I know for a fact this was the hardest season ever because when you have three kids under 5, things only get easier (physically at least) as time goes by and they grow. And, this is his first year of his doctorate to add to the craziness. Tonight was the perfect example. The day went well. I had planned on the boys taking early afternoon naps because C and E had doctor's appts at 3. The doctor is close to the Natural Foods Wherehouse so when we go, I try to squeeze in a trip to get some of the foods for Ashton we can't get elsewhere and they have such good deals on his hemp milk, ice cream and cheese. So we rushed there and got our groceries which I will say is getting easier now that Embry can sit up in the front. He doesn't take up the whole cart anymore so stuff doesn't end up falling on him like it did in the past ( a whole other horrible day when a can fell on him). I had brought a cooler for the cold stuff, and then we rushed to the doctor. We got in and out fairly quickly without
too many "I want a lollipop" and spinning circles on the doctor's stool. Unfortunately we came out with an unexpected ear infection and a referral to the ophthalmologist for Embry's blocked tear duct that doesn't seem to be getting better. But anyway, then we had to go to Kroger for the Rx (thank God for drive thru pharmacies!!!) While we waited we the boys were watching Pooh and I looked back and a sad part was on and tears were streaming down poor Ashton's cheeks. I felt so bad but then he pitched a fit when I turned it off of course. So we turned on "There goes a plane" which Collin called "A plane goes there" (so cute!) When we got home the neighbors were out. I felt bad about them being cooped up all day so we made Embry a bottle and went over for a minute. Once inside we made pancakes for dinner and then A and C rushed upstairs for bath. Well every night Wes plays the "get me" game where he chases them to Collin's room and they jump on Collin's bed and so they usually ask me to do it too. As I was coming up with Embry I heard Ashton fall off of Collin's bed with a horrible thud. It was awful. So while I am trying to assess him and see if anything was broken, Collin was silently STILL JUMPING!! I mean give me a break and then Embry was of course trying to stand up and climb on the bed (which is all he ever does now...this kid is a climber!) So I yell for Collin to stop and then try to block Embry from climbing with my leg while I am holding Ashton. Collin starts crying about getting into trouble. Then when I decide to just put Embry to bed, they're all three crying. why does this always happen to me where they are all three crying at bedtime? I put ice on Ashton's head which was another horrible battle and then checked out his pupils with my otoscope and I think he's ok but I'll be checking on him throughout the night.
On a happier note, here are some fun things about this Christmas season that I have loved so far:
-hearing Collin say "Chritmas" bear, Chritmas lights, Chritmas book. He LOVES the decorations. Every morning at daycare, our babysitter and her husband turn on all their lights for Collin. She said she's never had achild so excited and she LOVES Christmas and has a ton of decorations.
-Hearing Ashton say the "revival snowman." He remembered from Rudolph last year that he didn't like him and last night we all watched it and he kept reassuring Collin that he wasn't scary and that he was funny and it was "funny that he could only roar and not talk" We know he was just trying to convince himself. Unfortunately...he can now say "nativity" and no longer "activity" set which is what he called it last year. he is loving all the Christmas stuff at school. Apprently they have puzzles and Christmas cars. He was a sheep in a play this past week and then Sunday he sings at church with his class! It's so sweet to hear him sing Away in a manger.
-I have been trying to bake something special every week. Thanksgiving I made a vegan pumpkin pie. The next week I made some baked smores which were awesome and this week I made Oreo "cream cheese" balls-all vegan of course! Some day I would love to share all my recipes and tips and make my blog an allergy free cooking blog but who has time for that now?
Here are some recent photos from November below. Embry had his 9 month check-up today and I really think he'll be walking soon! He pulls up and climbs on everything. He's such a handful but such a delight. We would have never known he had such a bad ear infection. He just got over one but has been acting his sweet jolly self. The NP I saw told me to look with her otoscope and I couldn't believe how bad it was. It looked like a textbook picture! I've been so concerned we were headed for tubes with Collin but now it may be Embry! He is eating more and more table food now. Tonight he loved pancakes. He has also loved puffs and some blueberry muffins I made. He likes chunks of sweet potato and sucking on his apples in his net feeder. I was surprised he is a little pickier than the other two. He really disliked advocado and he'll tolerate smashed peas and ground beef. He made some rough faces with broccoli and my homemade green beans. I've been surprised because the other two weren't picky at all at this stage! Hopefully he'll be in reverse mode.

 |
| Rub a dub dub. Three men in a tub! First time! |
 |
| Thanksgiving day! All three boys have sported the "I'm stuffed" bib now |
 |
| Our nephew Edwin is so great with our kids and they adore him! |
 |
| playing piano at Grandma and Papa's |
 |
| Notice daddy's Moevember beard. I'm so glad it's December now! |
 |
| I love this photo!! It was a georgeous Thanksgving day! |
 |
| Playing hide and seek with daddy |
 |
| Got to see the Siples family briefly on Thanksgiving day |
 |
| This was our black Friday night!! |
 |
| Collin before church looking so handsome! |
 |
| Playing in leaves last weekend |
 |
| helping to clean the leaves out of their beloved Embry's jacket. They are just too funny always taking care of Embry. I wonder how long before they get in fights with him too!! |
So that's my update and venting session. Hope everyone who reads this is having a Merry Christmas season so far!!
1 comment:
Ohmygooness! As I'm reading the post, I get almost to the bottom and say aloud, "Wait . . .this all happened on the SAME day???" Poor Blakely. I told the kids that I'm sure you're thankful Jefferson beat GAC so you could have Wes back! Hope everyone's ears, eyes, etc. are healthy soon.
Post a Comment