Friday, May 10, 2013

A few good stories

Today Collin had his observation day at GACS. We are hoping to send him to school next year to be in K3 which is the class Ashton is in this year. Ashton is so excited about his little brother coming to school and was so great to hold his hand and walk him inside and show him the ropes. It was super sweet! Ashton's amazing teachers said that Collin was definitely ready for school and he really loved it. I am getting teary eyed every time I think about Ashton starting school 5 days a week next year. I just can't believe he won't be with us on Thursdays and Fridays. I have been trying to really make the most of my days off but that's been hard lately with these stupid boards looming over my head. I'll be so glad when they're over. We're so thankful Wes finished up his first year of his doctoral program last week. I won't lie...it's been downright horrible at times. We just have to make it through another year of classroom and then hopefully it will be better. Every time I tell people our situation right now, they truly look at me like I'm a crazy person and I just about am!
Here are a few funny things I have been meaning to write down the boys said...

Ashton and Collin are getting really into the potty humor and I'm trying to not let it get too far but some of it is hilarious. Ashton studied jungle animals last week and his teacher told the class that baboons throw poop at you sometimes. Well of course he loved this and he tells me baboons have "Blue booties" so now EVERYTHING is about his "blue booty."

Tonight I was tucking him in and we had a sweet moment. His cousin Edwin gave him a sweet book about a fish who tells the story of Jesus walking on water. I showed him in his Bible that the story is a Bible story and we read that as well. Afterwards he said, "So if we look at Jesus and trust him, we won't fall in the water and we can walk on it?" It was so sweet that he got the concept and I was so proud of him. I am just praying the story will sink in one day and he'll truly know the deeper meaning. So later I was hugging him telling him that I cannot believe how fast he is growing up and he rolled on his tummy and said, "will you smell my blue booty?" A little comic relief I guess!!

Today on the way to school Ashton was telling me he was disappointed that something was not going to happen this weekend and he kept complaining about it and finally Collin said, "Sweetheart, it's not going to happen!" That made Ashton really mad and he said he did not want Collin calling him sweetheart. I thought it was hilarious!

A and C have been running lately from the playroom in different directions to the kitchen where I usually am to tell on one another. If Ashton gets there first he says, "Whatever Collin is about to say is a lie."

Ashton recently told Wes over spring break that I had said it was ok for him to eat a cupcake for lunch. Wes said he would call me to check since I was at work and Ashton said no, he didn't need to and he didn't need to tell me about it when I got home either.

Embry is saying a few things too! He says graham cracker which is his favorite food but he calls all good food graham crackers. It is really funny and his brothers get a kick out of it.
He also says "good job" and "tee tee" which is a result of having an older brother potty training.Funny what determines your first words! One of Ashton's was "Hayla" which was Haley and Collin's was "At-ton" for Ashton.

1 comment:

Katy said...

These are such sweet memories, Blakely! Hope you get through this crazy-busy time. It is funny that Embry is saying "tee tee"! It's so true that they pick up on whatever is going on in the house. Norah started saying "baby" recently because we have been talking about her baby sister a lot. :)