Locked out mom looks like a crazy lady in a super nice neighborhood
So tonight we went to a dinner at one of Wes' band student's homes for all the senior band members and their parents. It was in a very nice neighborhood and it made me nervous to have the boys loose in this house. Anyway, I stepped out of the house to the car to get some of the many cars/trucks/trains that are always in the car hoping that would keep them entertained while we were there. When I came back, I had all these toys in my hand and the door was locked. I tried and tried to knock, ring the doorbell, and yell but no one heard me because it was so crowded inside. I knew Wes was in the kitchen sitting with Embry so there was no way he would see me. I kept looking in the window and all I saw were Ashton and Collin and their buddy Nicklas running in circles in the living room. I was so panicky that something was going to break in this nice house and here I was not able to get in. Finally I went to a dining room window which was high off the ground so I had to jump a little and bang on the window and a father walking by saw me and I pointed to the door so he let me in. Phew! Nothing was broken but what a night. Then Collin of course had to poop since we're potty training him and he holds it until the LAST second so I spent a lot of the night in the bathroom with him. But all in all it was good because anytime I get to eat something I did not cook, even though I have to eat it while holding a very squirmy Embry, it is a good night!!!!
Speaking of, Embry took his first steps this week! It was so sweet; the first time he did it Collin and Ashton and I were all in Collin's room watching Wes cut the grass and Embry walked to the window with 2 steps. His brothers LOVED it! They were so excited and just cheered. They've been asking me most days, "Is Embry going to walk today?" They have it in their heads that when babies turn one, they walk. Anyway, now they love to practice walking with him around the house and he loves it and just squeals! It's really something special to be a third child, I am learning. You get so much attention when you have 2 older siblings to enjoy all you do and love on you.
And a sweet photo of my dear friend Kim who visited us today
Poor Blakely! I just got a chuckle. . . thanks for sharing your awkward, stressful moment for the sake of a memory and a laugh. Fun days ahead for Ashton and Collin, with Embry able to keep up with them more easily.
1 comment:
Poor Blakely! I just got a chuckle. . . thanks for sharing your awkward, stressful moment for the sake of a memory and a laugh. Fun days ahead for Ashton and Collin, with Embry able to keep up with them more easily.
Post a Comment