Friday, April 4, 2014

Living Life Normally

I wrote this a week ago...

I kissed Collin tonight and knocked him down and then hit my soup bowl with my elbow which caused my spoon to spin around loudly. Ashton says, "Kisses are magic. You never know what's going to happen!" That boy better keep his kisses to his mommy! A few weeks ago he was caught kissing a girl on the playground and some classmates told his teacher. When Mrs. Beck called him over he was red in the face and head down told her, "It's true...I kissed Lauren." hahahahha
 He still has not told me this story even when I prodded! Wes heard it from his teacher but Ashton does not know that we know. He only tells us that other girls try to kiss him and run around calling him a handsome prince! haha
Last week for St Patrick's day, he wore a green shirt that said "kiss me I'm Irish." I told him, You better not let any of your friends Kiss you because of this shirt and he said, "That's ok. They can't read."

Today we dyed Easter eggs. I am trying to prepare for Easter now since I won't be able to after surgery. I saw on an allergy mom post on FB that Walmart is selling plastic dyeable Easter eggs this year! I have wanted to get some in the past but they were only online and like 20 bucks. Walmart has them for 2!!! My mom bought 3 dozen so we colored some after school adn Ashton loved it! Poor guy, he has never been able to do it before. The day was really windy and the whole thing was quite difficult outside. The boys kept screaming they were scared because of the wind and newspaper and ziplocks of dye kept flying everywhere! Anyway, we survived without too much of a mess and they looked great!

So I have 10 days until my surgery!!! It was moved up 3 days thankfully last week. Last week I had my last MRI with a biopsy. Two days later I got the results. The second area they tested is also DCIS which means the cancer is contained to the breast ducts. This is very good news as it means things are very unlikely to have spread although we won'tknow for sure until surgery and the lymph node biopsy.Please continue to pray. I am feeling so good about everything but it is hard to wait. My anxiety is much better after that last biopsy. Before that, I was pretty scared and the few days after Embry's party were dreary and depressing. I think the reality of losing my breasts sunk in. The letters, facebook messages and texts and calls mean so much to me. God has really kept us busy which is good. Last week, we met Catherine's family at their beautiful home on Lookout Mountain. We had a brunch with them. She and Patrick asked Ashton to be the ringbearer in their wedding...and he said no. hahahaWes said he was probably wondering, "is this safe? how will I get there?" haha That night, Wes and I went to Empire State South, a nice restaurant in Atlanta to have dinner with some English dignitaries who had come to officially issue an invitation to his band to play in the New Year's Parade in London next year! They took us and several other band directors out to dinner. It was quite long and interesting. They are very quick witted and jolly! we had trouble keeping up with them. wes had warned me it would be this way after meeting with them a few months ago. The dinner was very long and I have to admit I kept thinking how trivial the whole thing was. When you're going through something like this, social fluff is the last thing on your mind! The dinner was delicious but I kept thinking, "this is all so trivial. These people have no idea I'm about to get my boobs cut out in 2 weeks!" I texted that to my mom and she cracked up, but it is true. Cancer puts things in perspective. Cancer. It's so weird to even say that word. I feel so good and normal. And I am so blessed! By all scans, it appears that I barely have cancer compared to most people. I find myself feeling guilty because I really have no reason to feel sorry for myself. God willing, I am going to be cured and move on with my life. I remind myself every day that a lot of people cannot say that. So, we're just in waiting mode. I'm doing everything I can to prepare. Kate's friend who is my age has been wonderful to give me tips and I met her last week. She gave me some "drain tanks," as I am calling them, to wear after surgery that hold the drains you have to have. She was so encouraging to me as she has 2 young boys so it was so great to see a young mom who has survived and has such an incredible attitude!

My office has been amazing. I have the best nurses and coworkers ever!!They created these buttons and now 35 people are wearing them!!! I am so, so blessed and have so many people supporting me. thank you to everyone who is loving on my family right now!





No comments: