Please pray for my teenage cousin Taylor who was in a car accident 2 nights ago. He is in a drug induced coma and has a shunt from what I understand. His birthday was last week and I always remember it because it is the same day as our anniversary. Last weekend, Wes and I celebrated 10 years of marriage!! It still has not sunk in that we have been married that long. I made him a slideshow that one day I hope to post through youtube but for now here are some wedding pics I have finally scanned. I hope to post Christmas pics soon too. It's been crazy around here since Wes was out of town after Christmas (sigh-crazy mama alone with three boys for 4 days!!! and a big thank you to my mom who spent the night one night to help keep me sane!) and we have had a myriad of doctor's appts and I realized this week I am about 30-40 hours lacking on medical ed for my license which expires next month so nightly I have been staying up studying. The doctor I work with is teasing me for being a slacker. It is so unlike me to let something like that happen but just shows what a whirlwind we are in over here in Sugar Hill!! It was very nice last weekend to have almost 24 hours alone with my husband to SLEEP and reflect on the past 10 years. (thanks to his parents!)
On the mommy side of things, here are some things that have made us all laugh lately:
Ashton is getting so big. It seems like his vocab was adult like since birth and the other day he even said, "Mommy I want to tell you something that happened today, which I have already told daddy about." He is also starting to learn to tell time which is amazing to me! He can spell out words and will be reading soon I think!
He is a bigger helper to me daily. He now watches Embry a lot when I need to help Collin or run to the bathroom. It's so nice to ask him to keep Embry out of trouble. Today I was feeding Embry while Collin was going potty so Ashton was able to keep a continual supply of books coming to Collin while trying to poop! How nice! I am trying this week to put Collin on the potty more and saying prayers it is easier than Ashton because I just don't have the time to devote to it with Embry now too. Please pray with me!!
Ashton is also very competitive which we are using to our advantage. He wants to hurry and beat collin with everything, buckling up, getting into the bathtub, running to wash hands. It's helpful because he has been notoriously slow at everything his whole life since he is so meticulous. Now we just play "beat me" for everything!
Collin's vocab although still adorable and babylike has exploded and he can say just about anything now, but still with such a cute lisp. Yesterday he told me, "mommy, I am not going to eat the bottom of the banana (meaning the black spot) because it's poop!"
This boy is obsessed with poop and all things bathroom! He just laughs and laughs. The only problem is, he isn't really that in to going to the bathroom! He still is obssessed with Embry and always providing him with toys and asking if he's "ok mommy?" and feeding him. If I walk away from the table, I catch him feeding Embry puffs!
Embry is into everything and still a delight. He can say "mama and dada and good, good good and yeah! now. He waves and pulls up and cruises and CLIMBS. He's fast as lightning but always joyful. My prayer is that he would keep that joy his entire life. He takes everything in and seems like he just truly loves being here. Please pray for him because he is going to have tear duct surgery soon. We have been hoping his eye would clear up but the eye doctor we met with this week said it was time to do something about it before he gets older.
So as I think about my sweet boys, I truly cannot imagine what my aunt and uncle are going through seeing their own son lying in a hospital bed... unsure of the future. Please pray for them and for God's healing and strength.
Friday, January 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment